It's full steam ahead for the Year of Reading at Dogsthorpe Infants
As part of our commitment to the 'Year of Reading' Dogsthorpe Infants School are having a monthly focus either linked to the main programme or linked to our topics. So far we have...
- Sept - celebrated Roald Dahl day
- Oct - enjoyed hot choc round a campfire listening to stories as part of 'Forest Schools Day'
- Nov - celebrated poetry
On Nov 20th we will welcome Santa and his elves for an after school 'Family festive storytime' session with hot chocolate and cookies.
We are also...
- organising a book themed advent calendar for every class
- continuing with our Book Buzz parent/child reading sessions (class per week)
- continuing 'Race to Read' competition to increase reading at home
- including a book tombola at our Christmas Fayre
- having a half price book fayre in at the end of Nov (we have at least 2 a year)
As a school for the last 2-3 years we have pledged to give our children gifts of books. Therefore, every child at Christmas, Easter and end of year receive a book from staff and governors. We also gift a book as part of our transition programme which means that by the time they leave us they have been gifted 10 new books.